Finished Object: It’s a Tunic

When I graduated with my Associate’s Degree in 2006 I used a little of the money that my Dad had given me to buy yarn. Enough yarn to make a shorn sleeved top (I bought TLC Cotton). The top started, gave me A LOT of problems, was ripped out and the yarn was stuffed into a box which  I unearthed at the beginning of the summer. After much deliberation (picking a knitting pattern is hard work) I cast on the Athena Tunic  early last spring and finished it sometime around June. But when I put it on it was HUGE in the back. HUGE, HUGE! It’s the oddest thing that I seem to have lost the most weight in my back. So I ripped out the three needle bind off in the shoulders and made the straps much shorter then called for and I made the back dart about 6 inches instead of what was called for. The back doesn’t look great but the piece is wearable and I’ve worn it twice now. Once to the Tea Party and I wore it to work on Friday and made my poor co-workers take photos of me. wpid-20140822_114735.jpg wpid-cymera_20140822_131806.jpg

Please ignore my bat wings I know how intense they are but I wanted you to be able to see the back of the garment. 
DSC_8645 DSC_8646

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s